“CANADIAN CLUB SUMMER SHOUT 2020” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Beam Suntory Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 85 003 953 357) of Level 18, 100 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060 (“Promoter”). Telephone: 02 8977 9700.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 22/10/2020 and closes at 11:59pm AEDST on 8/11/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
The judging will take place on 11/11/20. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. Winners will be notified by email. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
The best twelve thousand (12,000) valid entries as determined by the judges will each win a CC prize Pack valued at $46.99 Each CC Prize Pack includes:
- Visit ccsummershout.com.au/packs;
- Follow the prompts to the promotion entry page;
- Input the requested details including their full name and valid email address;
- When prompted, answer the question “Who do you want to share a C.C. with this summer & why’ in 25 words or less; and then
- Submit the fully completed entry form.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter will not be responsible for prizes to be re-sent to winners, in the event that the winner provides incorrect mailing details to the Promoter, winners are not home to take delivery (if required), or prizes are ‘returned to sender’.
If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or part of a prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that part of the prize) will be forfeited.
If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
Total prize pool value is $563,880. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the licensee’s liquor serving policy.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- 1x CC branded Bucket hat; and
- 1x 6pack of Canadian Club of the winner’s choice of either (CC & Dry or CC Zero Sugar Dry)
As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner of the prize (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.